Ongoing evolution of the Internet is continuing to change business models within the information, media and communications sector, with communication solutions from ISPs, telecoms operators, and the broadcasting sectors now competing with each other to fulfil the end-user needs. The figure below gives an example of the ongoing convergence between the different areas, leading to a converged multimedia business area. To attract customer revenue, market actors are now seeking new business models by the innovative combination of electronic communications, media provisioning and advertising with deep market segmentation and end-user-specific personalization. Customers and end users are no longer passive consumers but have become active content creators and community builders.
Main WP6 objectives can be summarized as follows:
• Survey of existing tools and methods
• Identification of roles, actors and value networks
• Development of tools and methods for evaluating new business models and value networks.
• Evaluation of different business models and value networks taking into account cooperation, competition, strategic decisions and regulatory aspects
• Meeting requirements related to new business and cooperation models e.g., common use of infrastructure, demarcation lines and corresponding monitoring
• Inspecting the regulatory impact on the business model and value network
Go to the WP6 deliverables here!